Thursday, September 11, 2014

Year 1. Not as special as you would imagine.

August 31, 2014

So apparently sections of my emails are copied, pasted, and stuck into some ward bulletin back home. 
That's nice and all, but if you want to know what's going on in my life you can just email me directly. 
Or not, it's whatever.

This week marks the one year anniversary of being a missionary.
In celebration I've decided that I really am lazy and I don't like having to come up with interesting emails for you all each week. Therefore, these things are probably going to be really boring unless something fantastic happens. Plus, I know that my blog doesn't get updated either, so really no one even reads these emails and they're a waste of my p-day sleeping time.

Updates of my week:
Six Viet missionaries died this week. Not like died died, finished their missions died. Five of them were at the Thao Dien branch of Sunday. I hated it. They're just normal returned missionaries now and they can hug each other and go to the bathroom without someone having to stand outside the door. You know, normal people stuff. It kind of made me trunky, but also made me not want to ever go back to being normal. 

Here's my big news for the week:

I'm staying an extra transfer!

Yay! Last week someone from the mission office called and asked if I wanted to go home on February 13 or March 27. My exact 18 months is in the middle of a transfer so I can choose to go home early or later. I thought for sure I would want to go home as early as possible, but you gotta practice what you preach - sacrifice is a source of blessings. 
"The concluding section of For the Strength of Youth, in a section titled “Go Forward with Faith,” it says: “As you do these things, the Lord will make much more out of your life than you can by yourself. He will increase your opportunities, expand your vision, and strengthen you. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges. You will gain stronger testimony and find 
true joy as you come to know your Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christand feel Their love for you”([2011], 43)."



And there you have it, my weekly email.

Respectfully submitted, church auditing department.


The piccha: The dead missionaries. So weird, so weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment