Monday, January 26, 2015

Don't Go Chasing Waterfalls...

January 11, 2015

Don't go chasing waterfalls. I don't even know what that means. Good song though if you ask me.

So right before New Year's President Moon spent a lot of time teaching us to make goals that will help us progress individually and as a mission. Goals that are S.M.A.R.T. - specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. I have seen that the mission field is a place where goals are achieved and dreams come true. For example, I have had a dream of becoming the first "office sister" of the mission. I tell people about it all the time and they think that I'm a lunatic because sisters never work in the office and it wouldn't be practical. But I've spent a majority of my life proving people wrong, and I did just that this past week. For three days I was in Cambam for MLC with President Moon and to renew my visa and in most of the time that I wasn't out teaching with the other sisters or in meetings I worked in the office and helped out the elders with their mountain of work. Three days of working in the office was enough for me! Those elders have a million things to do. No wonder they all get fat and lose their hair while in that tiny office. Haha Shout out to Elder Duffy and Elder Tan! BUT, I did it! I made my dream come true of working in the mission office.

That is all I want to say this week. My time is quickly coming to an end. I think I have four more p-days. Meaning that in the next couple weeks more people are going to start emailing me saying they're "so excited for me to come home" so that it seems like they missed me while I was gone. #Content I'm looking forward to going into coma for a few months when I'm back. 

Remember what I say - Dreams come true...when you make them a goal and do all in your power to work towards them.

Jesus said love everyone.

Love, Sister Egelund Trinh Ly

BTW, I'm thinking of changing my name to Emily Trinh Marie Egelund. Yeah? K cool.

See ya.

Oh and happy birthday to my stud of a brother, Eric Trinh Egelund - the future Anh Cả Trịnh! You're cool and I like you. You're jokes are a 10 and so are your muscles. With love, Chị 2.


We've realized that we're totally opposite but completely the same. You can say "we found love in a hopeless place."

Happy early Valentines day. I love you more than chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment