Monday, December 9, 2013

They call me fat, they call me Emily. That's not my name, that's not my name.

So I don't have an actual story to share this week, just a bunch of little things.
 
-First, I have found out that I know quite a bit of Vietnamese slang because of mom. At the MTC one of my teachers who has met mom said that she talks like she's young and it's really cool. I'm not quite sure how I feel about people thinking my mother is cool because she uses slang. Anyway, I picked up a lot of that slang before the mission and my companion laughs at me when I use it.
 
We bought matching dresses. I think they refer to that as companionship unity.
 
-We found out the plans for Christmas...we're not doing anything. There was a tiny hope that maybe we would be going to Cambodia for Christmas, but nope, we get to hangout around here. Oh, here's my address for all of you that asked:
 Sister Egelund
#2b, Street 222 off Norodom, P.O. 165
Sangkat Chaktumuk, Khan Daun Penh
Cambodia
 
-Chi Van and I taught Relief Society yesterday. Guess what our topic was? Breast feeding. I'm so happy that they taught me all of that vocabulary in the MTC. All of the women laughed at us and it was extremely awkward. The best part was that there were about five investigators there who were having their first church experience. Welcome to the Mormon church...
 
-The investigators have been amazing! We're actually overwhelmed with the number of people we have to teach. So much work to be done, so little time! I'm very thankful for the blessing of having the opportunity to teach so many people though!
 
-The members have now named me Chi Map which means Sister fat. The Vietnamese people really are the sweetest people on earth. Haha I really do love the honesty of Vietnamese people. You always know when you look ugly.
 
-A lot of the YSA added me on Facebook before I was a missionary so they always call me Emily. That's a problem.
 
That's all for this week. Sorry I didn't have much to say.
 
Oh and family, thank you for updating me on the status of my goldfish, Joey. I am glad to hear he is doing well and cannot wait to see him in fifteen months.
 
Love, Sister fat

No comments:

Post a Comment