Thursday, June 12, 2014

Good to be home.

June 8, 2014

Sister Egelund coming to you straight from Vietnaaaaaam.

This past week was pretty nuts trying to say goodbye to everyone in Cambodia, then making our way over and getting settled in Vietnam. It's really weird to be back here and see all of the familiar faces. It kind of felt like coming home. I love Vietnam a lot. A year and a half ago I was at home preparing for a mission and telling everyone that my dream was to serve in Vietnam. Look at me now! 

I get to serve in Vietnam at a really historic time for the progress of the church. Plus, I get to serve in a branch where my cousin is the second counselor in the branch presidency. It's a good time here in the mission life of Sister Egelund.

The last week in Cambodia was really sad though. Despite the...craziness...of everything and everyone in Cambam, I really loved being there. Oh well,it's good to be back here in the homeland.

Sorry my emails are getting blander and blander as the weeks go on. You should expect a crazy email next week though - wer're white washing in a city of 19 million people...it should be fun.

Love you all like a fat kid loves cake!

-Sister Egelund/Chi Trinh Ly

Line of the week:
*saying goodbye to the senior couple at the mission home*
Me: "You're invited to my wedding. It'll probably be in 2 thousand...30!"
*I turned around and President Moon was right behind me*
President: "You're wedding better be sooner than that."
Me: "Oh yeah. Sorry I meant to say next year right after I get home..."

Awkward interactions with President. My specialty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment